Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not Even A Fig Leaf


I once had a fantasy!

Oh, come on, not that kind of fantasy (blush)! We’ll talk about that other kind soon, I promise.

This particular fantasy was that when I retired, I would buy a home and live in a nudist colony for the rest of my life. I’d be among my own kind – people who considered it normal to be walking around without any clothes on, and simply love to feel the sun on their bodies. In spite of any fantasies you may have had about nudism, you aren’t necessarily titillated by the nude people around you.

I seriously began to look at websites of places in Southern California, Florida, Mexico, Hawaii – anywhere I thought would have good weather for nudists. Other than weather, my main consideration was that it had to accommodate full-time living, and not just weekends. Of course, it would need to be warm enough that I didn’t need to bundle up, but cool enough that I wouldn’t burn in the glorious sun. You have to be careful or you can burn places on your body you didn’t know you had!

Back in the days…we talked about and went to "nudist camps", and we were considered "nudists." Now the word has been upgraded (more politically correct?) to “naturists.” Whatever you want to call us, I don’t want to wear even a fig leaf!

The traveling nudist club I belonged to in Southern California (mentioned in an earlier post http://fannylucette.blogspot.com/2008/05/swing-low-sweet_26.html) wasn’t really about swinging, as I insinuated. It was a group of people (singles, couples, families) who traveled to various camps to enjoy the day, and met once a month as a group for potluck and fun. Children, adults, and teens alike enjoyed the freedom of “clothing optional.” It was not forced on the youth, but truly “optional” for anyone.

If you have never tried going in the nude for anything other than a bath or shower, or just around the house, you owe it to yourself to try it. The Trade Association for Nude Recreation has a page devoted to “A Special Message for First-Timers.” It is well written and covers everything you’ve always wanted to know about nudism or naturism. I suspect that most people have wondered what it would be like. Go to http://www.tanr.com/ and click on the oval button near the top marked “First-Timer Message.”

The TANR site also lists many clubs on the left-hand sidebar. I have friends who love camping out at Paradise Lakes near Tampa, Florida http://www.paradiselakes.com/. It’s also one that has condos and homes for sale for full-time living. Click around on the site to see what’s available.

The Glen Eden Sun Club in Corona, California (http://www.gleneden.com/) was one I enjoyed going to with friends. It is the third largest nudist park in the U.S. In fact, there is a big event there this very weekend. And I’m stuck at my computer trying to convince people to “go nude!”

For an interesting oxymoron, check out this article in a Central Arizona newspaper (http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/articles/1207nudists1207-CR.html).

There are a few sites listed on the sidebar of this post. Each of these links has numerous links to other sites. Have fun browsing and fantasizing like I did (and still do). You’re sure to find the right one for you.

Maybe I’ll “see” you sometime?

I blow you a kiss ~ ~

Fanny

No comments: