Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sexy Accessories for Men


Last week, I gave a sampling of just a few of the sexiest accessories for women. This week it’s time for the guys to get in on the act. I realize that for both men and women, the final judgment is relative to sexual orientation. That doesn’t mean we don’t each change from time to time. The most ardent hetero- or homo-sexual person can see something sexually exciting about a person of the same or opposite sex at times.

So since I’m not a guy (last time I looked), I can’t tell you what a guy thinks is his sexiest accessory, but I can tell you what I’ve heard men say, what I’ve read that men write, and what I see from a woman’s perspective.

I’d love to hear what men consider to be their sexiest accessory. From the outside looking in, it seems that men believe well-defined muscle and six-pack abs are “it.” Or maybe it’s the haircut.
One gay male friend wrote what was attractive for him. “It is often the lower abdomen, also the shape of their full torso (shoulders through butt) – I like a kidney bean shape... also like European shape or Asian shape as opposed to a V torso, he-man type...I like androgynous male shapes.”

Cowboys in tight jeans and boots, U.S. Navy uniforms (or uniforms in general), aloha shirts and shorts or surfer pants, three-piece suits – any of these styles of dress can be specific turn-ons for some. Physical items of interest to men and women I’ve talked with can be either a little hair on the chest or a lot, facial hair or no facial hair, wavy hair or no hair at all, sensuous lips, bedroom eyes. I remember falling for a rather handsome guy in high school who had a scar across his cheek, which made him look sexier than ever.

What about their undies? Some guys wear thongs, some wear boxers, or tightie whities, or black briefs. I’m more of a boxer girl, myself, but I mostly like the vision of a man with nothing on at all below the waist, but I guess men feel they need something to protect the “jewels” or to keep them from flopping.

Cleanliness is a virtue, but sometimes a good musky smell is very sexy. There is a difference between that gross never-take-a-shower B.O. and good honest sweat from a man’s laboring or working out. I love the smell of my own man, and I tell him so. It’s a major turn-on for me.

I asked my own lover what he considers to be his sexiest attribute or accessory, and he replied that it was his desire for perfection in sex for his partner. That was a very sweet thing for him to say. I know he does try to please me sexually above all else. He tries very hard (ahem) to make it perfect for me, but HE is perfect and shouldn’t try so hard.

My response to him was that for me, his personality and intelligence rise above everything else, even though other physical attributes he has are attractive to me.

Being turned on by brains doesn’t mean that (in the past) I haven’t had wild and crazy sex with someone who had the personality of a doornail and the intelligence of a slug (maybe even less). So what did they have?? Well, I’ll leave that part to your imagination (blush)

Okay, men – it’s your turn to tell me what you think makes you sexy! It may not be at all what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you have had no comments. Many years ago I was a member of the Marine Presidential Guard. We spent a great deal of our time in dress blue uniform in very public places, greeting dignitaries, burying distinguished people at Arlington being conspicuous at the White House,etc.
It was very sexy work, looking very finely dressed and very masculine in front of large numbers of very finely dressed women nearly every day. Some nearly sixty years later I still have the same feeling when well and carefully dressed, especially in the company of a well dressed and out standing woman.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you have had no comments. Many years ago I was a member of the Marine Presidential Guard. We spent a great deal of our time in dress blue uniform in very public places, greeting dignitaries, burying distinguished people at Arlington being conspicuous at the White House,etc.
It was very sexy work, looking very finely dressed and very masculine in front of large numbers of very finely dressed women nearly every day. Some nearly sixty years later I still have the same feeling when well and carefully dressed, especially in the company of a well dressed and out standing woman.