Saturday, October 11, 2008

What Kind of Writer Am I?


On a blog I regularly read, the question was “What type of writer should you be?” There was a brief survey that I filled in and this is what I discovered.





You Should Be a Film Writer!



You don't just create compelling stories, you see them as clearly as a movie in your mind.

You have a knack for details and dialogue. You can really make a character come to life.

Chances are, you enjoy creating all types of stories. The joy is in the storytelling.

And nothing would please you more than millions of people seeing your story on the big screen!



I have never really thought about what kind of writer I am or should be. Mostly, I just write what I’m thinking about, and that can be dangerous territory. I suggest that you check out the website and look at some of their other surveys.

For instance, there is a survey to see if you would be a good wife or husband, to find out if you are a physical flirt, and are you in love?

I haven’t bothered with the one that asks if I’m an attention whore. I already know I am not, although I would like to be!

Maybe I will consider writing film noir and focus on sexual fantasies and other moral ambiguities. That’s where my head is most of the time.

Now I can fill my head with my new designation! Anyone want to star in my next film?

(Laughing hysterically here)

Ever since I found out that I am a “film writer,” I’ve had a lot of scenarios go through my head. Most of them take off from my blog a couple weeks ago. I’ve also been reading up on How to Write A Movie in 21 Days. It's an old book, but still excellent material.



I’d love to see what kind of spin some of you would put on my fantasies to make them into a good film. Help me out here! Since my SO is out of town for another week or so, I need some stimulation!

I blow you a kiss,

Fanny

No comments: